Sunday 20 November 2011

THE LONELY KING AND QUEEN by Deepa Balsavar

I saw this lovely book today at my friend's Ulka's house and I knew this had to make it to my next post here.

It's a Tullika book; written and illustrated by Deepa Balsavar (who I later found out works for Avehi-Abacus, a curriculum enrichment project for municipal schools in Mumbai).


The note on the back of the book says that this is a bedtime story that Deepa had made up for her own kid. I opened the book cover (that doesn't reveal much) thinking it will be a 'once upon a time' kind of story. While it is; it's also a story with a twist. The illustrations are very nice and the story itself is brilliant and when you read it you will know how useful it is for the time when your kid will ask you the inevitable question "where am I from?"

I don't want to let out too much because I really want you to read this book!! 

Available online from the Tulika site or Flipkart and also at the usual haunts, it is priced at Rs. 95/- and available in 8 Indian languages besides English.

No comments:

Post a Comment